What is Interchain?
Interchain, simply put, is the way all blockchains, both public and private, can connect and interact in a secure way.
- By allowing users to operate on multiple blockchains, Interchain reduces the strain on both large public blockchains and utility chains alike. This keeps transaction speeds high, while also lowering operational costs.
- Interchain expands users’ selection of tools to improve scaling.
- Interchain allows users to benefit from the features of specialized blockchains, built exclusively to respond to issues such as supply chain and quantum computing. Before Interchain, many of these utility chains went ignored because of their focused, but limited set of capabilities.
- Now, users have the option to leverage both the specialized features of utility chains and the all-purpose capabilities of public blockchains, giving them the best of both worlds.
- With Interchain, users can retain complete control of their data, keeping sensitive business logic and smart contracts proprietary. They can keep sensitive processing on a private network, and selectively share data or business logic on a public chain for transparency.
- The ability to publish data, transactions, and business logic to multiple blockchains provides the combined security of all blockchains.
“We envision a multi-chain, multi-network, and multi-token future for blockchain-based computing,” said Matthew Roszak, co-founder and chairman of Bloq, a Dragonchain advisor. “Interchain reflects this future by providing the necessary bridge between public and permissioned blockchain, facilitating a best-of-breed approach between the two environments.”
To try this technology in action yourself and post your first transaction on the blockchain with Interchain, visit our homepage now.